2.8
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

I travel every week (Monday-Friday) from PA to MA. On "cyber monday" I made a reservation to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Woburn, MA for 4 nights with check in on December 14.

It was really cool because they were offering a 25% discount because of "cyber monday". I thought that was a great idea. So I jumped on it. I was still paying $125 per night plus tax.

It never occurred to me that the rate was non-refundable. So when my plans changed on December 2 I immediately cancelled the reservation in Concur AND called the hotel directly. I was given a cancellation code and ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION of the reservation being non-refundable. So I waited for a refund, and waited, and waited.

In early January I called the hotel to inquire about my refund and was told that it was non-refundable but that the manager would call me back. SURPRISE...no return call and no refund. My company that spends more than $10 million annually just on hotels also called to find out if the manager would grant just one exception and process the refund and once again...the big fat NO !!!

So I implore you to BE CAREFUL and RECONSIDER booking any Marriott Residence Inn...especially in Woburn, MA. Oh the kicker...when I called I was told that the hotel sold out on the night of my expected check in...so the hotel didn't even lose any money...they just stole mine.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 13, 2016.

Comments