Residence Inn - Dirty Contaminated Swimming Pool that made me sick
My wife and I stayed at this hotel for over 70-days this summer (June, July, & August, 2013) while our home was being repaired. The public needs to be aware that the hotel management, Samantha Callahan, and their insurance company, Farmers, take no responsibility for their dangerous, dirty, and contaminated swimming pool. This dirty contaminated swimming pool caused me to be admitted to the hospital for a Cellulitis Staph Infection (current medical bills are $15,000). We found trash, pool ***, and the swimming pool smelled like a toilet the day after a teenage party of 30 baseball players that were in tournaments at the nearby Surprise Baseball Stadium.
The hotel GM, Samantha Callahan, refused to take a complaint about the hotel pool and failed to call the county pool inspectors as she promised in her email. I call the county pool inspectors (Complaints: #13-18810 #13-22685) and they caught the Hotel employees draining the pool and hiding the dirty pool problem evidence. The county pool inspectors found low chemical levels (one inspection the pool had no chlorine), cloudy pool conditions, a skimmer not properly working, a pool gate that failed to properly self-close and self-latch, and no sign posted with the maximum number of swimmers allowed. It took 10-days for the inspectors to clear the low chemical level problems and 15-days to verify that the pool gate worked properly. The Public was at risk for most of August from this hotel's dirty contaminated pool that was not properly secured. The county pool inspectors were so concerned about these swimming pool problems that they inspected the hotel's swimming pool four times trying to protect the Public.
The hotel's response was that I cannot prove their swimming pool made me sick. The hotel's insurance company response was that I never should have gone into the pool if I saw that it was dirty. I got out of the pool immediately when I smelled the urine in the swimming pool and gave the trash (wrappers and a beer top pull) to the hotel's swimming pool maintenance, Chris. The Public needs to test this swimming pool before they use it. The Public needs be aware that when you use this swimming pool that you swim at your own risk because the swimming pool is poorly maintained and the hotel management takes no responsibility for any injury or illness it causes. It will take me many months for me to heal from the Cellulitis Staph Infection and the ankle sprain caused when I fell because I could not walk.
This hotel does not care about quality service, quality property conditions, and caring honesty.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Dirty Pool
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "I checked in to the Sleep Inn in Harrisburg because it was newer and it had a better room for the price of a regular room (150 + tax).My husband..."
- "Do Not Stay at the Howard Johnsons In Newark, NJ. I stayed there and got Bed bugs All over me.They called me a Liar. I Called the Health Dept. This..."
- "A WARNING FOR ANYONE GOING TO HILTON HEAD ISLAND...DO NOT STAY AT THE Spinnaker Resorts Players Health and Racquet Club!!!! It is not worth whatever they promised you for the..."
- "I have ordered numerous products from SOE and they are great, the belts fray a little over time but they're still tough. I've used some of their stuff in a..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "ho fatto il mio primo acquisto su DHGATE di un orologio che ,pur essendo arrivato in tempi brevi e *** prezzo buono rispetto ad ALIEXPRESS ed IOFFER dei quali sono..."
- "Lost receipt and tried to return 2switches without receipt they refused at NAPA in ElMirage Az..."
- "Go into "Sports and Outdoor" at the OfferUp site, and you can find tons of guns, knives, and crossbows. There is no control over these firearm sales. I'm expecting to..."
- "Unlike most of you, my flowers were actually delivered to Mom for Mother's Day. Horrible dead tulips. Contacted customer service and they will not refund my money. They said..."